Thursday, February 15, 2007

Putting the cart before the horse

Today, there was a big blow out between by Unit Head and I.

All the team members were called into the conference by my Unit Head. I was the last person to walk in due to an incoming call. Once seat, I was told by my Unit Head to handle over all my projects to another team member without any further explanation except being told that shortly my division head will call me shortly to explain (Note: The Division Head is already on annual leave for the holidays).

Can you imagine being asked what projects I am handling? How does a person head a team without knowing what projects are being handled by the team members? In explaining what projects I am handling, there was a big blowout on the definition of one of my projects. The best part of all was my Unit Head addressed his assistant to say "How was he to work with me as every time he speak to me there will be a blow out?" When did he ever speak to me regarding my work? All he does is ordering people when it comes to work issue. I was very happy to be able to use the tone he used on me during the blowout. And I said a "Thank You" to him.

No comments: