Monday, March 31, 2008

Farewell Mother of Mine




On 20 March 2008, Holy Thursday afternoon, I was preparing to leave the office for the Phnom Penh International Airport to go home for the Easter weekend. At 2.30 p.m. (3.30 p.m. Malaysian time), I receive an overseas call from my sister asking me where I am. Her voice was worrying. I said I am still in the office. She broke down and told me that our mom has passed away after suffering her third stroke. We have made plan to go back to Taiping and to celebrate Easter with our parents as my mom had her second stroke a month ago and is bed-ridden. I made the trip back in February to see her as my family was uncertain over her condition.


I have always wonder since her second stroke whether she can made it pass Easter. Seem the Lord wants her to follow him as it was Good Friday the following day. But it was difficult for me as she only have to wait one more day for me to see her alive. It was a sad day for me.. I weep on the way to airport and manage to compose myself to check-in for my flight back and then cried again all the way on the plane. Sometime I wonder if my mom is making things easy for me as I have already got a air ticket home which was purchased way back in January before the Chinese New Year. My mom knew during my trip home for Chinese New Year that I will be home for Easter as I was not home last Christmas.

Whatever it was, I am glad she has chosen to leave this world during the Holy Week as God has decided.

Farewell mother of mine.

1 comment:

Chan Kok Kuen said...

My deepest condolence for the demise of your mother. May her sould rest in peace.