Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Confusion with more confusion

Due to a reorganization of my department, I am now reporting to this Head who was previously in charge of 1 unit but has been added a new unit which I am in. What was confusing was the new name of my unit which covers two major areas which are basically my projects. After a meeting today, we were informed that the projects in one of the major areas in my unit are to be handled by other units in the department.

The best part was, which I don't think my new Head is aware of (including the Senior Boss), my Division Head has called me two months ago to explain to him the type of projects in this new unit. Recognizing the name of the new unit, which was my original idea, I have basically described my projects to him.

So my tbought is, if my understanding of the name of this unit is wrong, what project comes under the category of this area????