Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What's wrong for a girl to be born in the year of the tiger

This morning as usual while eating my breakfast, I will read the newspaper. I never failed to read the obituary corner. Today, I noticed an obituary of a man from Taiping. In the obituary, under the caption, daughters, I noticed one of the daughters has a different surname from the rest. Paying more attention, the daughter is a friend of mine. She was given away after she was born. That year is the year of the tiger and it seem to the family it is bad luck to have a "tiger" girl. And for that reason alone she has given away for adoption. Later, her biological parents continued to have more daughters. My friend grew up fine and towards in her late teens, her biological family decided to get to know her and later recognised her as a daughter in the family.

What were her biological parents thinking to have a baby in the year of the tiger. If the baby was a boy, it stay in the family but a girl is to be given away for adoption.

1 comment:

Chan Kok Kuen said...

Great to see that you have change your template. One more thing, to inlcude word verification for people who wants to submit their comments at your blogger. This will help to weed out spam comments that are very commnon.